2014 Summit Promotional Kit
We would appreciate your help immediately spreading the word about the Summit through newsletters, blogs, social media, press contacts and any other means. Below are some resources to help you spread the word. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Meeting Info
- What: 2014 Summit of the Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council
- Theme: Share expertise. Find solutions. Build relationships. Shape the future.
- When: Tuesday, May 20 – Wednesday, May 21
- Where: Washington Convention Center, Washington DC
- Registration: https://www.sustainablepurchasing.org/meeting (Early bird ends April 11)
- Who Should Attend: Professionals in the private, public and nonprofit sectors working to advance sustainability in the multi-trillion dollar institutional purchasing marketplace. Past SPLC events have attracted senior leaders in procurement and supply chain, sustainability, marketing and business development, policy, standards and certifications, consulting, and public interest advocacy.
Places You Can Help Publicize the Meeting
- Put the meeting on your organization’s internal and external event calendars.
- Announce the meeting in your internal and external newsletters.
- Promote it on social media. (see instructions below)
- Think about specific people you’d want to see at the meeting, and send them the template email below.
- Send the below template email or the News Advisory to listserves you are on.
- Blog about the meeting.
- Ask your professional associations to announce the meeting to your peers.
- Ask organizations with aligned interests to include it in their internal and external communications.
- Send the News Advisory to your PR department and media contacts.
I’m planning to attend the Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council’s upcoming Summit in DC on May 20-21 and wanted to encourage you to consider attending, too. I’m looking forward to connecting with other professionals committed to advancing sustainable purchasing. The workshops are going to be great for getting solutions to real-world challenges while also contributing to the development of the Council’s new leadership guidance and recognition program.
Watch this quick conference overview video or check out the conference website for more information. Organizations that sign up for the meeting and membership at the same time can get 10% off their membership.
Let me know if you have any questions. I hope to see you there!
Please let your social media audience know you are planning to attend the SPLC Summit and that you’re excited about it! Here are some sample tweets (our Twitter tag is @SPLCouncil). If you do status updates on LinkedIn, these can go there as well.
- We’ll be at the @SPLCouncil meeting May 20-21 in DC. Great program about #sustainable #procurement! www.sustainablepurchasing.org/meeting
- Looking forward to collaborating on #sustainable #procurement @SPLCouncil meeting May 20-21 in DC. www.sustainablepurchasing.org/am14video
- Call for presenters ends April 2nd for @SPLCouncil meeting on #sustainable #procurement in DC on May 20-21 www.sustainablepurchasing.org/am14-cfp
- Early bird pricing for @SPLCouncil meeting on #sustainable #procurement ends April 11. Hope to see you there! www.sustainablepurchasing.org/meeting14
- Join us for @SPLCouncil meeting on #sustainable #procurement and get 10% discount on new membership. www.sustainablepurchasing.org/meeting14/membership
- Please draw on the messaging in the Summit News Advisory when publicizing the meeting in your newsletters, blog, social media, etc.
- We were advised that in order to keep the news advisory short we could only list a few members and partners in the News Advisory text. If you send it out, please do put your name right up front, add a quote from someone at your organization, etc.
- Members and partners that would like to put out a press release that highlights their role in the Council are encouraged to do so. Any time before, during or after the meeting is fine with us. You will know what timing is most opportune for your audience and the message you want to convey.
- You are welcome to borrow messaging from the News Advisory and other language on the SPLC website when crafting your press release.
- If you would like a quote from an SPLC spokesperson about your participation, we will be happy to provide one. Please contact us at email@example.com.
We’ve put together a deck of slides you can draw on whenever you are giving a talk and can include some sharing about SPLC (not just the meeting). It includes a slide specifically about the meeting. Download the slide deck here. (If your firewall blocks DropBox, email firstname.lastname@example.org for the deck.)