Organizations around the world have recognized the need for supply chain sustainability in order to reduce the environmental, social and economic impacts of their purchasing, while protecting and delivering value to their operations, products and services. Whether your organization is just beginning this journey or has been leading the way, a common set of questions exist:
- What does a leading sustainable purchasing program look like?
- How does my organization measure up to this?
- How am I doing compared to my peers?
- What can I learn from this information? How do I most efficiently and effectively plan our organization’s next steps to become a global leader in sustainable purchasing?
The Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council, under the advisement of the Benchmark Working Group, has developed a measurement and benchmarking methodology and approach to answer these questions for your organization and others.
The SPLC BENCHMARK Platform offers an approach to:
- Identify an initial “inventory” for your sustainable purchasing program components
- Measure and benchmark its maturity against SPLC’s Principles of Leadership in Sustainable Purchasing and the Maturity Model for Leadership in Sustainable Purchasing
- Compare your results to your peers
- Use your findings to strategically plan your “next generation” sustainable purchasing program
Why use Benchmark?
Ways to Use Benchmark
SPLC is now offering multiple ways to engage with the SPLC BENCHMARK approach, depending on your organization’s desired outcomes.
How do I get started?
Additionally, refer to the Benchmark Cohort Program for the latest cohort session information and schedule.
Congratulations to these organizations who have completed the SPLC BENCHMARK Full Assessment in 2017 and 2018!
Benchmark Working Group:
- Charleen Fain-Keslar, California DGS
- Christopher Davis, CodeGreen Solutions
- Jenna Larkin, Environmental Protection Agency
- Johanna Kertesz,Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Karl Bruskotter, City of Santa Monica
- Lynda Rankin, Province of Nova Scotia
- Shirley-Ann Augustin-Behravesh, Arizona State University
- Tiffany Rodriguez, PG&E
- Yalmaz Siddiqui,MGM Resorts
Interested in joining the Benchmark Working Group?
Contact Kris Spriano, Benchmark Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Kris Spriano, SPLC BENCHMARK Program Manager, at email@example.com.