Help design SPLC’s new Benchmarking System!
SPLC invites member professionals to apply for a new working group. Please review the working group’s charter below before applying.
The Benchmarking System Working Group is charged with helping SPLC to develop and implement a benchmarking system that enables diverse organizations to: 1) assess their own sustainable purchasing activities against the recommendations in SPLC’s Guidance for Leadership in Sustainable Purchasing; and 2) benchmark the maturity of their sustainable purchasing activities against those of other organizations. The assessment framework developed for the Benchmarking System will inform the Rating System for Leadership in Sustainable Purchasing that SPLC will develop in 2017. A draft project plan is available for review by members.
The Working Group is advisory to SPLC staff, who will lead development and implementation of the benchmarking system.
- Provide guidance on overall project plan and strategy
- Provide references to potential existing models for the project
- Review and provide input on successive drafts of survey questions
- Advise on design of benchmarking system, including interface design
- Participate in piloting of beta version of benchmarking system
- Identify opportunities for strategic partnerships, as appropriate
- Help identify funding sources to support proposed activities.
Mode of Work
- Conference calls.
- Collaboration via email or online forum between calls.
- No in-person meetings.
- Chatham House Rule observed.
- Monthly 1 hour conference calls for a period of 6 months. The first meeting of the working group is targeted for early August.
- 2 hours of offline work per month for a period of 6 months.
- Participation is restricted to SPLC members only.
- Preference will be given to professionals in SPLC’s Purchaser Role.
- Commitment to engage in constructive dialogue to advance SPLC’s objectives.
- Participants must maintain an attendance record of 2/3 of meetings.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. The first meeting of the working group is targeted for early August.
- Working group members will be selected with an eye towards achieving:
- a diverse representation of sectors and organization types.
- a group with appropriate skills and sufficient volunteer capacity to accomplish the envisioned tasks.