Reflecting its multi-stakeholder and multi-sector origins, the Council is structured as a collaborative space in which many organizations and individuals are working together to bring clarity, consistency, and coordination to sustainable purchasing.
Join us to leverage the deep knowledge and supportive relationship that can take your sustainable purchasing practice from an afterthought to the leading edge of your organizational sustainability efforts.
We assist our members, wherever they start their journey, to deepen their knowledge and grow their influence by:
- Providing guidance for program and leadership development
- Connecting them with our knowledgeable and committed community of practice
- Sharing real world examples of positive procurement impact
- Offering opportunities to showcase sustainable services and products
- Coaching them through successful strategy development and roadmapping
- Presenting topical and learning webinars throughout the year
- Creating opportunities for buyer and supplier engagement and innovation
- Recognizing accomplishments through our Awards program
- Enabling them to collectively develop strategies for addressing new topics and challenges
In 2019 we are developing a suite of additional member offerings to connect, prepare and support members on their sustainable purchasing journey – wherever they start!
Strategic Program Planning Process (SP3)
1:1 (or bring your team!) coaching engagement designed to help quickly and effectively develop program vision, strategy, goals and metrics. (5 sessions)
Member Action Teams
Groups that form to quickly take up and address new topics or new impacts, prototyping solutions that the full membership can use and refine over time
Hands on Learning webinars
Bimonthly webinars focused on workshopping specific processes and strategies to tune in your program elements and get more out of your work
Enhanced member directory
Expanded member directory listings to include skills and expertise that members are willing to share with each other.
Peer Support Groups
Small member cohorts designed for support and problem solving among peers.
These new member benefits supplement ongoing SPLC program activities, through which members share experience, codify best practices, develop staff expertise, gain insight into trends, and earn leadership recognition.
- Professional development
- Tool development
- Principles for Leadership in Sustainable Purchasing, v1.0
- Guidance for Leadership in Sustainable Purchasing, v2.0
- Purchasing Category Guidance
- SPLC BENCHMARK℠ Maturity Model for Measuring and Benchmarking Leadership in Sustainable Purchasing
- Rating System for Leadership in Sustainable Purchasing v1.0
- Model Sustainable Purchasing Policy & Handbook
- Sustainable Supplier Development Workshop Toolkit
- Solution Matching
- SPLC Connect
- Supplier recommendations
- Leadership Awards – Honoring organizations whose work has advanced the sustainable purchasing movement
- Giving talks to raise the visibility of sustainable purchasing
- Working Groups