We would appreciate your help immediately spreading the word about the Summit through newsletters, blogs, social media, press contacts and any other means. Below are some resources to help you spread the word. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
- Summit Information
- Places to Promote the Summit
- Member Referral Discount!!
- Promotional Graphics
- Summit Multimedia
- Social Media
- Press Releases
- Email Templates
- What: 2015 Summit of the Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council
- Description: SPLC’s Summit brings together leading sustainable purchasing experts and practitioners from a wide variety of sectors and regions to share best practices, build valuable relationships, and co-develop programs for guiding and benchmarking institutional leadership in sustainable purchasing.
- Theme: Share expertise. Find solutions. Build relationships. Shape the future.
- When: Wednesday, May 26 – Thursday, May 28, 2015
- Where: Bell Harbor International Conference Center, Seattle, WA, 2211 Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA 98121
- Registration: https://www.sustainablepurchasing.org/summit15/ (Early bird ends January 30th at midnight)
- Who Attends: Senior leaders in procurement and supply chain, sustainability, marketing and business development, policy, standards and certifications, consulting, and public interest advocacy.
Places to Promote the Summit
- Event Calendars: Put the meeting on your organization’s internal and external event calendars.
- Newsletters: Announce the meeting in your internal and external newsletters.
- Social Media: Promote it on social media. (see instructions below)
- Email: Think about specific people you’d want to see at the meeting, and send them the template email below.
- Signature: See example and graphic below
- Company Blog: Write a post about the Summit, use sample verbiage below and content from the 2015 Summit website
- Association Partners: Ask your professional associations to announce the meeting to your peers.
- Relevant Organizations: Ask organizations with aligned interests to include it in their internal and external communications.
Member Referral Discount!!
Offer your peers who are not yet members of SPLC a 10% discount on Summit registration when they use the MEMBERREFERRAL discount code!
Please feel free to use any of the graphics on this page in your promotion of the meeting.
|2014 Summit Recap Video|
This fast-paced video captures the essence of the 2014 Annual Meeting in 3 short minutes.
Watch the video here.
|2014 Video Address by GSA Administrator Dan Tagherlini|
Watch the video here.
|2014 Summit Photos|
Josh Gundelach, Senior Business Analyst with Lockheed Martin, listens to Warren Lavey, Senior Regulatory Council for American Clean Skies Foundation, during a networking exercise during the opening plenary.
View all Summit photos here.
Share with your social media audience that you are planning to attend the 2015 SPLC Summit! Below you will find sample verbiage to use for Twitter and LinkedIn. SPLC’s Twitter ID is @SPLCouncil. The hashtag for the Summit is #SPLC15.
- We’ll be at the @SPLCouncil 2015 Summit, May 26-28 in Seattle. Join us in advancing #sustainable #purchasing! http://bit.ly/1xtnspw
- Be a part of the future of #sustainable #purchasing. Register today for the #SPLC15 Summit >> http://bit.ly/1xtnspw
- Help start a rating system for #sustainable #purchasing. Register today for the #SPLC15 Summit >> http://bit.ly/1xtnspw
- Take part in peer-to-peer discussions with leaders in #sustainable #purchasing. Register today for the #SPLC15 Summit http://bit.ly/1xtnspw
- Be sure to book your stay for the #SPLC15 Summit – special rates end May 4 + rooms are filling up quickly! http://ow.ly/Mfbs3
- Members and partners that would like to put out a press release that highlights their role in the Council and the Summit are encouraged to do so.
- Please use messaging from the SPLC website and 2015 Summit website when crafting your press release.
- If you would like a quote from an SPLC spokesperson about your participation, we will be happy to provide one. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can share these HTML designed invitations using the buttons at the top of the pages, or by highlighting the whole message and copying and pasting it into the message body of an email.
Invite your peers to receive a 10% Discount!
I wanted to share with you a discount code for the Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council’s 2015 Summit, May 27-28, in Seattle, Washington, because [I will be going and] I think you would get a lot of value out of attending. Input the MEMBERREFERRAL discount code to get 10% off when registering as a non-member.
The Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council was formed by 40 founding members in 2013 to develop a multi-sector program for defining, guiding, benchmarking, and recognizing leadership in sustainable purchasing by organizations. To date, more than 135 member organizations, with purchasing power well over $200b collectively, have collaborated to develop Principles for Leadership in Sustainable Purchasing v1.0 and a comprehensive multi-sector guidance program, Guidance for Leadership in Sustainable Purchasing v1.0, which was released in February. Already, more than 100 organizations are participating in the Guidance v1.0 Pilot Program. Over the next 18 months, Council members will be collaborating to develop the SPLC Rating System for Leadership in Sustainable Purchasing v1.0.
About SPLC’s 2015 Summit, May 27-28, Seattle, WA
Following up on the Council’s well-reviewed 2014 Summit, the 2015 Summit will bring together several hundred leading sustainable purchasing experts and practitioners from a wide variety of sectors and regions for two days of best practice sharing, training, relationship building, and collaborative development of programs for guiding and benchmarking leadership in sustainable purchasing by organizations. This year’s Summit features 70+ speakers, 20 interactive workshops, and a special workshop to kick-off development of the Council’s Rating System for Leadership in Sustainable Purchasing v1.0.
Pre and Post Summit Events
1) SPLC Connect, a buyer-supplier matchmaking event featuring innovative suppliers (more are being added every day), will take place in the late-afternoon the day before the Summit, May 26th. Buyers register for free.
2) Spend Analysis for Leadership in Sustainable Purchasing is a short course that will be offered the morning after the Summit, May 29th. Details and registration instructions.
Let me know if I can answer any questions.
PS: You may have work that would be a good candidate for SPLC’s inaugural Leadership Awards program. The deadline for applications is May 12th.
SPLC Connect Invitation for a BUYER
Have you heard about SPLC Connect, a sustainability-focused buyer-supplier matchmaking event taking place in Seattle, WA on May 26th at the Bell Harbor International Conference Center? It’s unique because a committee of sustainability-savvy purchasing professionals are vetting the participating suppliers to identify those that can help organizations make genuine improvements in their sustainability performance.
Buyers participate for free, so I’d encourage you to check it out and register. More buyers and suppliers are registering every day. Meeting scheduling begins the week of May 5th.
Features of SPLC Connect
- Schedule up to 20 fifteen minute one-on-ones with suppliers
- Roundtable Presentations – pre-scheduled and drop-in
- Roundtable Discussions – pre-scheduled and drop-in, and a
- Networking Dinner Reception
Let me know if you have any questions.
SPLC Connect Invitation for a SUPPLIER
I think that [Company Name] would get value out of participating in SPLC Connect, a sustainability-oriented buyer-supplier matchmaking event taking place on May 26th in Seattle, Washington. SPLC Connect precedes the Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council‘s 2015 Summit, which may also be of interest to you. Collectively, the purchasing organizations involved in SPLC have more than $200 billion in purchasing power. Here’s more information about both events:
- SPLC Connect takes place the afternoon of May 26th in the same location as the Summit and is ideal for suppliers to meet buyers one-on-one, introduce their solutions, and establish a relationship. It is a uniquely high-trust environment because all supplier registrations are being pre-screened by a group of sustainability-savvy purchasing professionals. Supplier profiles get viewed hundreds of times before the event and stay published to continue promoting the supplier long after the event. Selected suppliers pay $250 to participate in SPLC Connect, which can include as many as 20 fifteen minute one-on-one meetings with buyers. Meeting scheduling begins the week of May 5th!
Nominate your business to participate in SPLC Connect
- SPLC’s 2015 Summit takes place May 27-28 in Seattle, Washington, bringing together hundreds of leading sustainable purchasing experts and practitioners from a wide variety of sectors and regions to share best practices and develop programs for guiding and benchmarking leadership in sustainable purchasing. Non-members pay $1,125 to attend the two day Summit.
Register to attend the Summit
I hope to see you in Seattle!