Establishing a successful sustainable supply chain program can be a daunting task to face alone, and leaders are increasingly seeking to collaborate with other organizations in their industries to drive progress. The most proactive are creating “Industry/sector initiatives”. This panel brings together leading initiatives in both B2B and consumer sectors to share best practice perspectives on their goals, challenges, achievements, and inspiration.
Key learning goals:
– What are the common CSR challenges and opportunities identified for collaboration?
– How does industry collaboration in sustainable supply chain work? What are the key mechanisms, tools, shared practices, or content.
– What structure is used (e.g. How to manage governance, legal aspects, and coordination, etc.)
– What is the progress to date, and the benefits and value created for purchasers of participating in industry collaboration on sustainable supply?
– How do suppliers benefit? How does it increase engagement?
Together for Sustainability is a non-profit organization created in 2011 with a vision to develop and establish a standardized global program to support sustainability performance in the chemical industry’s supply chain. Among their now 23 members, Brenntag has been a member of Together for Sustainability since 2016, the first chemical distributor to become a member.