College campuses are seeking to use purchasing power to drive sustainability goals, yet lack the leverage, as single institutions, to shift supplier behaviors. This workshop aims to identify strategic areas that colleges and universities can work together on to drive sustainable procurement.
Workshop activities include:
• Strengthening the network of peers in higher education that are working on sustainable procurement
• Discussing sustainable procurement opportunities that are unique to higher education
• Discussing best practices for developing and implementing a sustainable procurement program/policy on campuses
• Exploring how to prioritize areas of impact (e.g., around local and circular economies, zero waste, scope 3 climate emissions, etc.)
• Exploring collaborative outreach strategies for market transformation