2024 Climate Foundations
Procurement is on the frontline of your organization's climate strategy. Are you ready?
Climate Foundations aims to equip procurement, supply chain, and sustainability professionals with the knowledge, tools, and strategic approach they need to develop and reach their greenhouse gas reduction goals.
Every procurement team must grasp the basics of greenhouse gas (GHG) management and related best practices to drive and support meaningful supply chain emissions reductions.
That’s where Climate Foundations comes in. Climate Foundations is a comprehensive virtual training and coaching program specifically designed for professionals focused on addressing the climate impact of their organization's spend — providing basic climate knowledge, tools, and strategic insights to move their organizations forward. Below is an overview of what to expect. Sessions last 60-90 minutes and are hosted virtually.
What you will learn:
- Basic terminology and approaches for supply chain greenhouse gas emissions base-lining, strategic prioritization, goal-setting, and performance monitoring on any budget.
- Common approaches to prioritize, engage, support, and incentivize suppliers in meaningful greenhouse gas reporting and reduction activities.
- The challenges that all organizations face when reporting on and managing their Scope 3 GHG emissions; and how leaders are collaborating to ensure their climate plan is properly aligned to the most critical opportunities.
- Examples of organizations that have taken a "program approach" to strategically reduce their supply chain greenhouse gas impact in prioritized areas.
Familiarity with climate-related terminologies, frameworks, and concepts that involve procurement and supply chain
A strategic climate plan for greenhouse gas reduction focused on what you buy — including key stakeholders, vision, focus areas, and next steps
A supplier engagement plan designed to lay the groundwork for delivering key supplier greenhouse gas data, reduction commitments, and continued progress
A climate network of multi-stakeholder experts and peers.
A certificate of completion for completing the program (CEU credits available via ISM)
Climate Foundations provided me with the basic building blocks I needed to fully develop our supplier engagement strategy in support of our climate efforts. I recommend this program both for those just getting started and those who are looking to expand their knowledge” - Large Integrated Healthcare Provider
Non-member Pricing (per seat)
|Public Sector / Higher Ed||$1,020.00|
|SPLC Member Pricing (per seat)|
|Public Sector / Higher Ed||$720.00|
What to Expect:
- Spread across six months to allow for internal engagement.
- 5 Strategic Planning Workshops (90 mins each)
- 5 Foundational Learning Sessions (90 mins each)
- Access to climate-focused webinars
- Peer-level support & benchmarking
- Monthly office hours